Built for Marjorie Merriweather Post and E.F. Hutton, the four-masted Sea Cloud has been setting the standard for luxury sailing since 1931.
With her billowing sails, rich mahogany and gleaming brass, the legendary Sea Cloud travels under 32,000 square feet of billowing sails trimmed by hand. The original owners of Sea Cloud, heiress Marjorie Merriweather Post and financier E. F. Hutton, desired a craft like no other. They got what they wanted in 1931, sparing no expense to create the largest private sailing ship ever built. In the '30s and '40s, Sea Cloud was host to world leaders including Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Sweden's King Gustavus V. Now carefully restored by a team of master craftspeople, this four-masted beauty offers elegant quarters, fine dining and impeccable service. Praised by the world's most discerning travelers and travel writers, Sea Cloud receives consistent high rankings from Condé Nast Traveler.
Sea Cloud is traveling on the following programs:
Adriatic Odyssey: Venice to Valletta Aboard Sea Cloud
The Alluring Aegean: Enchanting Greek Islands Aboard Sea Cloud
Sicily by Sail: Valletta to Naples Aboard Sea Cloud
Click Here For Deck Plan
- • All 32 cabins are beautifully appointed with marble bathrooms and upscale amenities
• The historic main deck has ten original cabins including those of E.F. Hutton and Marjorie Merriweather Post
• A friendly and attentive English-speaking crew anticipates guests' every need
• Classically trained chefs present regional specialties and continental cuisine
• Consistently ranked highly by Condé Nast Traveler, Sea Cloud emerged refreshed from dry dock in spring 2011